Download Outlook vCard
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Employment Law
- Civil Litigation
A Merit Scholar graduating in the top 15% of his class, Mr. Miller is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law. As a Fairfax, Virginia native, Mr. Miller completed his undergraduate studies closer to home at Virginia Tech and returned to the Fairfax area shortly after completion of his legal education.
Prior to joining McClanahan Powers, Mr. Miller worked at a civil litigation firm where he represented businesses and individuals in a wide range of contract, construction, employment and commercial disputes. Mr. Miller has successfully pursued claims under payment bonds and warrant-in-debts throughout the Virginia state court systems.
Mr. Miller also has notably defended businesses before the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia against employment related grievances, including claims arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act involving discrimination matters; the Family and Medical Leave Act; and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
An avid outdoorsman, Mr. Miller enjoys hiking, hunting and fishing in his spare time and is a strong supporter of the Virginia Tech Hokies.
- Successfully defended a construction subcontractor in a breach of contract case and dispute regarding back charges at trial.
- Successfully represented general contractors in breach of contract cases.
- Successfully defended an employer from claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia at summary judgment.
- Successfully defended an employer from claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia at summary judgment.
- Successfully represented both landlords and tenants in the negotiation of complex leasing agreements.
- Assisted numerous clients with their business start-up, including the drafting of articles of organization, articles of incorporation, operating agreements, conflict of interest policies, bylaws, and other formational documents.
- Assisted in the successful representation of payment bond claimants under the Miller Act and Virginia’s Little Miller Act.
- Assisted in the successful representation of numerous defendants in torrent copyright infringement cases.
- Successfully represented hundreds of defendants in torrent copyright infringement cases.
- Assisted in obtaining 501(c) exemption status for nonprofit organizations.
- Represented numerous clients in complex business disputes.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- Virginia Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
EducationDePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D., Juris Doctor
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Courses in Construction Management and CPM scheduling.