About Zach Miller
Zach Miller takes a client-oriented approach through all phases of litigation. Mr. Miller has represented individuals and businesses of all sizes in state and federal courts for Virginia and D.C., helping numerous clients obtain substantial recoveries both at trial and through settlement. In addition to his courtroom experience, Zach Miller enjoys assisting clients in navigating potential pitfalls and business disputes while implementing safeguards to protect their interests.
- Business Services
- Business Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Lawsuits & Disputes
- Local Counsel
- Trusts & Estate Planning
- Intellectual Property
- Successfully obtained a $228,000 judgment in a contested trial involving a dispute between business owners, while also successfully defending a counterclaim derivative action.
- Successfully obtained an $800,000 judgment in the Eastern District of Virginia in a business conspiracy case involving a commercial development project.
- Successfully defended his clients, obtaining a defense verdict, in a complex case involving claims of conversion and gross negligence in a two-day jury trial.
- Successfully obtained a six-figure judgment at trial in a breach of contract dispute involving a commercial construction project.
- Successfully obtained a six-figure settlement in product liability action.
Successfully obtained a six-figure settlement in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Successfully obtained a six-figure settlement in a lawsuit involving a shareholder dispute.
- Successfully obtained an award for damages and attorney’s fees in a two-day arbitration.
- Successfully defended a construction subcontractor at trial in a breach of contract case involving claims for back charges.
- Successfully obtained judgment on behalf of a tenant for damages and attorneys’ fees after a multi-day contested trial.
- Successfully obtained judgments for treble damages and attorneys’ fees in Virginia Consumer Protection Act lawsuits.
- Successfully defended employers from claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Fair Labor Standards (FLSA) at summary judgment.
- Successfully represented both landlords and tenants in the negotiation of complex leasing agreements and at trial.
- Successfully appealed estate litigation to the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Assisted numerous clients with their business start-up, including the drafting of articles of organization, articles of incorporation, operating agreements, conflict of interest policies, bylaws, and other formational documents.
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois J.D., Juris Doctor – 2013
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia B.S., Bachelor of Science – 2010
Professional Honors & Activities
- Named by Super Lawyers as a 2017-2021 Virginia Rising Star in Business Litigation.
- Named by Super Lawyers as a 2017-2021 Washington D.C. Rising Star in Business Litigation.
- Courses in Construction Management and CPM scheduling.
- District of Columbia
- Virginia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Virginia Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association